FICAM, FINNISH CENTRE FOR ALTERNATIVE METHODS
General Description / Mission
FICAM focuses on the development and validation of cell and tissue culture 2D- and 3D- models to complement and to replace the use of experimental animals. In addition, FICAM´s role is to be the centre of expertise for alternative (replacement) methods in Finland to share information and to organize education and training courses on alternative methods. FICAM also provides GLP (Good Laboratory Practice) and validation expertises on alternative methods. FICAM is a GLP laboratory certified by the Finnish Medicines Agency Fimea.
CALL FOR PH.D. APPLICANTS
- Tuula Heinonen nominated to the ethical committees for the protection of animals used for scientific and teaching purposes.
- The Diabetes Research foundation large grant 2013 to Timo Ylikomi
- Full ban on animal testing into force in EU
- SSCT workshop 2013 programme
- Riina Sarkanen´s doctoral thesis accepted